It’s April and that means tax return time. What better time than now to purchase a new Rainbow Play System!
When selecting your play site, always keep the child’s safety in mind. Here are some recommendations that should help you achieve a safe play area.
- The play system should be located on solid level ground free of objects that could cause injury such as, but not limited to, tree stumps, roots, and large rocks. Stationary components such as ladders and slides must be no less than SIX FEET (1.8 meters) from any structure or obstruction such as a fence, garage, house, tree or overhanging branches, electrical wires or clotheslines. Any swinging equipment must be a minimum distance of TWICE the height of the swing beam away from any structures or obstructions as specified above. We also recommend that you do not install your play system near a lake, river, swimming pool or other water hazards.
- If anchoring your play system, all underground utilities must be located in play zone before starting assembly of play system.
- Try to locate slide out of direct sunlight to reduce the likelihood of serious burns. A slide that faces north will receive the least direct sunlight.
- It is recommended not to place a set on sandy soil or loose fill as it may require additional anchoring in that situation.
- Do not install your play system over concrete, asphalt, packed earth, grass, carpet, or any other hard surface. A fall onto a hard surface can result in serious injury to the play system user.
Keep these recommendations in mind and enjoy your new Rainbow Play System!